Monday, February 10, 2014

NEWS: MASE SPEAKS ON ALMOST SMACKING J. COLE



Mase is back in Hip-Hop and doesn't mind competing with the younger generation.
In an interview with Detroit's Hot 107.5, the rapper talked about his return to music, his time as a pastor and his issue with J.Cole.
When asked if he's a fan of the new generation of Hip-Hop, the rapper points out a few favorites like Meek Mill, Drake and Kanye West. He also added that he likes J.Cole when the rapper isn't talking about him.
On his platinum album Born Sinner, the Cole mentions the rapper on the track "Forbidden Fruit." "Cause a nigga poppin' like Harlem in the nine-seven/ way before Mase was a reverend." When Ma$e saw Cole, he thought about slapping him but decided to let it go because 'he's just a kid.'
"Ï like J.Cole when he's not taking shots at me. I saw him one say and I was gonna hit him but I was too grown to be knocking light skin people out."he said."But that's my generation. If we see you and you say something on a record, it's action, but when I saw him I thought he's a kid he don't get it."
The rapper also talks about burying the hatchet with Jim Jones and working on new music.

No comments: